Wednesday 29 January 2014

Mac Cosmetic's Studio Sculpt Foundation

Everyone dreams of a full coverage, non-cakey foundation right? Well I may have just found one for all you full coverage girls out there! Admittedly I don't need full coverage as I am very lucky with my skin, however I love the flawless base a full coverage foundation gives you! However I do know many people will suffer with acne and scarring so for some full coverage is an essential.
Studio Sculpt was one of my first ever Mac foundation's so at this point my make-up knowledge wasn't at its best. Therefor I didn't really appreciate how amazing the formula is possibly because my application was TERRIBLE.
I repurchased this a couple of months back and instantly fell in love. First of all this foundation retails at £25 which I believe is an average price for a good quality high end foundation. However the standard foundation quantity is 30ml and this has 40ml so you get a third more for your money, and as you only need the tiniest pea sized amount that 10ml goes a long way! Personally this foundation doesn't break me out however my skin is pretty tough so I would be careful and probably get a sample as the formula is quite heavy on the skin.


As you can see from the above swatches the foundation itself is thick, and super full coverage so a little will go a long way. I apply using a dense brush which gives the fullest of coverage, however if you did want this to go on slightly sheer I would recommend either a stippling brush or a damp sponge. This foundation is a gel formula which means its super hydrating and doesn't cling to any dry patches which I find are around my nose, however I do need to set this around my t-zone as I feel those of you with oily skin will find this may slide off! However once its set properly in place it doesn't budge for around 8 hours. I love this for special occasions and nights out because although its full coverage you don't look dull and lifeless, this has a skinlike appearance giving you the perfect glow! However it will give you a slight flash back as it contains SPF15!
I use the colour NC30 which is yellow undertones perfect for when I'm tanned (Thankyou St Moritz!) and doesn't oxidise during the day which I find some Mac foundations can do.
Overall I believe this foundation is perfect for those with dry skin due to the fantastic gel formula, however can be adjusted for all the skin types using a setting powder which should be patted onto the skin rather than brushed (this stops the foundation moving making it last longer!) And also the rest of your make-up glides effortlessly on top!
I always get a lot of questions on Instagram about this foundation so I hope I have helped and if you have any more questions please leave them below! Also if you don't already follow me on Instagram for beauty pictures: sophiekathleenx
 
Take care xo

1 comment:

  1. Great leaders should always strive to set a good example. If you want your employees to be honest, you must be honest as well. If you want your employees to show respect to each other, you must respect them. When people see you acting a certain way in a leadership role, it helps them to better understand how and why those characteristics are important to the organization.satta king
    play bazaar

    ReplyDelete