Saturday 5 October 2013

Birthday Haulin'

On the 28th of September I finally turned 18! Its fair to say I was spoilt and am truly grateful, I had an amazing day and VERY messy night. I thought id share with you some of the gifts I received and brought and my views on them.

Mac Mineralized skinfinish natural dark deep, Mac prep and prime translucent pressed powder,
Mac prep and prime light boots, Mac prep and prime radiant primer,
Loreal gel eyeliner black, Origins balancing toner, Maybelline colour tattoo pomegranate

Micheal Kors Rose Gold Watch

Rockateur Benefit Blush 

Topshop Boots


H&M bag


Aqua Smokey Lash Mascara (makeup forever), BenNye Banana Powder,
 Urban Decay Eye Primer, Mac Russian Red, Mac brushes


 
So as you can see I went make-up CRAZY, what's a girl to do eh? Firstly I popped into Mac and got a few bits and bobs.
Mac Mineralized Skinfinish (Dark Deep)
I love the finish of this powder and also have it in medium plus to set my foundation, however I was looking for a darker colour to contour with and I absolutely adore it. The colour is perfect however I do like a heavy contour as I am normally an NC30.
 
Mac Prep and Prime Translucent Pressed Powder
I've wanted this for a while after using my friends loose powder version of this. The finish is smooth and doesn't ever look cakey! Its perfect for setting foundation and keeping shine at bay. It also has a mirror which is handy for on the go.
 
Mac Prep and Prime Radiance Primer
I brought this on a whim when I asked the lady at mac about primers she couldn't speak highly enough about this one and I cannot agree enough! It creates a perfect base for my foundation as I love a natural glow, however wanting to control any shine and this does exactly that. Also its 50ml so will last a life time as I don't even use a whole pump for my entire face. However the only negative is the price tag, at £29 it scares my bank card! However you get so much product.
 
Mac Soft And Gentle Mineralized Skinfinish
This is the most beautiful highlighter I have ever set eyes on. It gives the perfect highlight and will work great with most skintones! I love the way it photographs and it gives me the cheekbones I've always wanted, its become a firm staple in my make-up routine.
 
Mac Russian Red Lipstick
This was a gift from a friend and I've wanted it for sooooo long! Its a deep red tone with a matte finish, however surprisingly it isn't too drying. I prep my lips well before applying to avoid any dryness. The lasting power is also amazing and will last a good couple of hours before I need to re apply, its the most perfect colour for autumn/winter.
 
Mac Prep and Prime Highlighter in Light Boost
This highlighter is a god send if you're into the whole Kim Kardashian highlighted under eyes! I got the colour lightboost which is a yellow highlighter which is great for brightening any dark circles, I recommend applying after concealer. It looks abit scary once it comes out however when blended its gorgeous.
 
BenNye Banana Powder
I use this Yellow Powder to set my Lightboost highlighter to highlight further and set to avoid any under eye creasing (never a good look). This is great for medium/tanned skintones!
 
Origins Balancing Toner
This is my god send since I've had it, I sweep this over my face once cleansing and my skin has been so clear and spot free since! The formula is for combination skin and is great for hydrating any dry areas, yet reducing any oiliness.
 
L'Oreal Gel Eyeliner in Black
I have wanted to try a gel eyeliner for so long as im not too good at applying it, however I thought id get a cheaper alternative as I have been eyeing up the Bobbi Brown Eyeliner (naughty!) and I love it! It doesn't transfer and is really black.
 
Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Pomegranate
These are great for an eye shadow base to intensify any colour. I love these deep purple/reds for autumn so I had to pick it up.
 
Benefit Rockateur Blush
This muted brown/rose blush is my favourite blush EVER, it gives a lovely blush of colour, bronzes my face, and highlights my cheekbones, all in one! don't know how I've lived without it!
 
Hope you all enjoyed this post and id love to read any comments you may have!
xx

4 comments:

  1. Aw happy 18th! Great post, lovely products :-)

    http://tinks071296.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice blog checkout my latest post at
    http://togetherfornature.blogspot.com/2012/08/trading.html
    don't be shy to leave a comment and like us on facebook

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice haul, you got some really awesome makeup :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete